It’s a common thing in these times for people to be shocked when true saints of God speak with conviction and certainty on principles that Jehovah teaches us in his word. If we have the boldness to speak the truth that the universe and planet Earth were specifically designed with purpose, that Earth was uniquely designed by the Lord to be inhabited, naysayers will attempt to silence us with their arguments that the universe and Earth just happened randomly through random evolutionary processes.
Should we be bold enough to proclaim that our God, the God of the Bible, is the only true and living God, that any other god of any other non-Christian religion is a worthless fake, many would gasp at such a statement and tell us it isn’t polite or nice or acceptable to criticize the beliefs or religion of others. If we speak truthfully about the fact that only Jehovah can save us from our sins, that we need his righteousness for salvation–which can only come by faith in his son the Lord Jesus–those who are offended will tell us there’s no such thing as sin and all we need to do is to be good people to contribute positively to our communities or our own well-being. However, God’s word blows the world’s deceptive platitudes right out of the water. One such passage that highlights the ineptness of these worldly philosophies is Isaiah 45:18-25. This is an excerpt of what it says:
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save…
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed…
A few things we can pull out of this scripture that Jehovah wants us to know are:
- He did indeed form the Earth with a specific purpose (v. 18).
- He’s the only god there is (v. 18, 22).
- Whereas all other religions require you to go to a secret, dark, hidden place of the Earth to discover knowledge in order to be an ascended master of some sort (e.g. Freemasonry, Gnosticism, Hinduism, Islam, New Age, etc.), we can discover God’s true and righteous teachings out in the open (v. 19).
- No matter how naysayers try to make God out to be a liar, God always speaks the truth in righteousness (v. 19).
- When we seek God, it is because he has drawn us to a purpose that is not in vain (v. 19).
- We as saints are the ones who have escaped the idolatrous, worthless notions of various nations whose forms of worship could not save us (v. 20).
- The Lord calls us to have his righteousness and strength in us and they are to be put to use with purpose (v. 24).
- All the people we see going about spouting off philosophies and doctrines against God because of their hate toward him will one day be ashamed of their actions (v. 24).
Praise God for words like these in Isaiah that encourage us to stand firm in holy living to fulfill his purpose.