Alertness. It’s a trait God wants his people to possess and nurture in their lives for their own good, for the good of his body of believers, and for the good of the societies they live in. For instance, we are told the following:
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober[alert]. 1 Thessalonians 5
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly [looking around, being aware], not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith… 1 Peter 5
Our personal lives can distract us so much that we fail to see things coming in our direction from way outside our circle. God called us to “resist” the devil and part of being the resistance is knowing how the enemy operates. Which brings me to Canada. Lieberals in the media have long boasted about how much more advanced the universal, single payer healthcare system of Canada is in comparison to the U.S.’s pre-Obamacare days. And they’re still feeding us the lie. Of course, most Americans haven’t been fooled. Unfortunately, we still have many who choose to buy the lie.
It is human nature at times to become complacent and throw up one’s hands and say “if you can’t beat’em, join’em.” This is what happened in Europe with their socialism creep and what is happening in Canada also. Will it happen here in America? I pray to God it won’t. But let me highlight some interesting facts about Canada that reveal how Satan’s agents (knowingly or unknowingly) operate via public policy to gain wealth and power.
- Canadians were told decades ago by lieberals that they needed to revamp their health care system to alleviate all the problems, so they did.
- Their single payer, universal healthcare system has now spawned bigger problems such as:
- longer wait times to get care
- more rationing of treatments
- higher death rates for women
- a continual rise in healthcare costs
- Since these problems continue to contribute to rising costs, Quebec, Canada, is now on the verge of attempting to alleviate this by legalizing euthanasia under its lieberal legislators and their Premier. Of course, they’re not saying that openly. Instead they’re spreading the lie that it will only be for those with debilitating illnesses to show them “compassion” by putting them out of their misery. That’s also what Belgium said in the beginning but now they expanded euthanasia to many others in their nation, including children.
Any student of history and economics knows these types of promises lieberal/progressive/socialist/atheist leaders make usually end up in these situations, or similar ones. Yet, places like Western Europe and Canada, and now the U.S., ignore warnings and push ahead with such policies anyway. All of their actions lead me to believe they love death, especially the deaths of others.
35 For whoso findeth me [godly wisdom] findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8
6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death. Proverbs 21
Harry A. Gaylord