If you hear the word “liberal” in today’s world, it designates someone who is politically and socially progressive in that they believe the government’s responsibility is to push social change that bucks tradition for the sake of being compassionate toward the less fortunate or outcast. That is, at least, what they want people to believe about them. However, the term was originally used to describe a generous person who willingly and nobly (without being forced) gave of their resources to help righteous causes. Somewhere along the way, possibly as a result of the Renaissance and the subsequent Reformation which sparked revolutions, the meaning of the word was changed from the original meaning to eventually settle in the early 1800s on what it is defined as today.
Did you know that God prophesied about this liberal movement in the book of Isaiah? Did you know he prophesied that it would be a popular worldview before the establishment of Christ’s Millenial Kingdom? If you use any other version of the Bible than the KJV, you might have missed it. In Isaiah 32:1-4, the Lord gave Isaiah a prophecy about how his coming Millenial Kingdom would change things for the better and would reverse the negative mindsets and routines that the world had established under its rebellion against God. Then notice the words that follow in verses 5-8 of that chapter:
5 The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl [rude, miserly, selfish, lacking genuine respect for others] said to be bountiful. 6 For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the Lord, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail. 7 The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right. 8 But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand.
Why did God say this? It is not a justification to hate them as people, but to hate their sin and to beware of it. He knew that at the time of the Lord Jesus’ return, vile people would be called liberal and would have the reputation of being bountiful (blessed, generous, open-minded, and open-handed). He is pointing out that just the opposite is true about them, which is why he is saying he will end it and restore the words “liberal” and “bountiful” to their true meanings.
If you notice here, he has the liberal movement pegged as to what they are like. If you take stock of what liberals ascribe to, it becomes clear that all of these things God says about them are applicable. And this would include those liberals who disguise themselves as conservatives and who infiltrate a certain political party that has a reputation of being conservative so they can weaken it. Consider everything that these wealthy liberals and their followers among the common people do to bring about the New World Order (NWO) and one world religion and they will fall into at least one of these things God says about them. For example,
- Spreading atheism and evolution (they utter error against the Lord, leaving souls spiritually hungry and thirsty.)
- Advancing the idea all religions lead to God (same sin as 1 above.)
- Claiming Christianity while their liberal churches embrace homosexuality, abortion, and other sins (they practise hypocrisy.)
- Pushing socialism and communism (they physically make empty the hungry soul and cause the drink of the physically thirsty to fail, because as Winston Churchill once said and as history has shown “Socialism is the equal distribution of poverty.”)
- Creating a welfare state (a wicked device to destroy the poor with lying words, like “you’re entitled to this,” or “it’s all the rich man’s fault.”)
- Eugenics via abortion (another wicked device to destroy the poor with lying words like “children cost too much money & will keep you poor,” or, “the world is overpopulated.”)
- Legalizing narcotics & hallucinogens (violates all sins mentioned.)
- Attempts to silence God’s word & his people (they speak villainy, their hearts work iniquity, and same sins as mentioned in 1.)
- The Green Movement/Global Warming (they practise hypocrisy [think Al Gore in his jet plane and selling his TV station to oil producers], they utter error against the Lord, and the sins mentioned in 4 as they try to dry up resources with carbon taxes.)
- World peace & disarmament (they practise hypocrisy and speak villainy in that constitutional republics are urged to decrease their military and armaments while they encourage socialist regimes to build up their military and armaments so the villainous socialists can be strongest in the NWO.)
Their aspirations will be short-lived in comparison to God’s plans, because God will restore the true liberals to their place in his kingdom, according to Isaiah 32:8, when we devise liberal things of genuine generosity and because of our liberal things, we will stand forever.
“Liberal institutions straightaway cease from being liberal the moment they are soundly established: once this is attained no more grievous and more thorough enemies of freedom exist than liberal institutions.” atheist philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.
Harry A. Gaylord