As we enter the week commemorating the sacrifice the Lord Jesus made for us, Pastor Mark Creech has shared some wise words online that can help remind us of the significance of what Christ showed us by willingly enduring the shame and suffering on the cross 2,000 years ago. Here is a summary of Mark Creech’s “Seven ways the cross speaks”:
- The cross points to our sinful condition.
- The cross speaks of God’s incredible love and amazing grace.
- The cross shows how much God hates sin.
- The cross speaks of the putting away of guilt.
- The cross indicts the wisdom of men.
- The cross speaks of the way we should live.
- The cross promises tragedy can be turned to triumph.
For each of his seven points, Creech gives a brief synopsis that I found to be a blessing, so if you have time, I think reading it at this link will provide some inspiration and encouragement.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
Harry A. Gaylord