Australia’s national science agency, known as the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), released findings that reveal fewer stars are being formed in the universe. Dr. Robert Braun who led the study at CSIRO compared far galaxies to closer galaxies using a radio telescope to measure light and radio waves to determine the amounts of hydrogen gases. Clouds of molecular hydrogen gas are needed to form stars in their galaxies.
Galaxies get these required gases from spaces that exist between the galaxies. According to Braun, “Star formation has used up most of the available molecular hydrogen gas.” Stars give off gas throughout their existence after they form and the gas they give off helps other stars form.
However, Dr. Braun and his team have noticed the amount of available gas and actual star formation have greatly decreased over time. They attribute these changes to Dark Energy in the universe that caused the universe to expand at a faster rate, which causes less gas to be available for each galaxy to generate stars. Dr. Braun estimates that 70% of the original gases in the universe were used to make white dwarfs, neutron stars, and planets. Of the remaining 30% of the original gas, only one-third has been used to make stars while the other two-thirds is stuck in the spaces between galaxies. Dark Energy is hampering the movement of these gases into the galaxies, so the galaxies lack the fuel needed from outside of their area to form stars.
For more details of this study, you can click this link.
In my opinion this appears to be another aspect of the second law of thermodynamics at work. According to the second law of thermodynamics, the quality of matter and energy decreases over time because the usable energy contributing to producing, growing, and maintaining things in the galaxies is converted to unusable energy after it is used up. The amount of unusable energy in a closed system, or entropy, is on the rise. This entropy contributes to disorder and ultimately chaos in closed systems, according to astronomers.
This all proves, once again, that what we are told from Genesis to Revelation is true. The Earth had a beginning and with that beginning came a finite amount of resources. This also proves that heaven and earth will pass away, just like Jesus said.
CSIRO’s findings seem to reflect some interesting spiritual parallels. The scientists say the “Dark Energy” is preventing the distribution of resources into galaxies for the lights to be formed in the darkness of the universe. Isn’t this what Satan and his minions do? They are the dark beings trying to hinder God’s word from being spread so that lights (Christians) can be formed in the dark places of this world. Just as the Dark Energy in the universe has taken over and fewer stars are forming, Satan and his angels are causing more darkness to spread all over the world with the persecution of Christians and promotion of all kinds of evil, which is leading to fewer Christians on Earth.
However, the science mentioned in these findings is flawed in that it assumes the universe is billions of years old based on the distance of these galaxies from the Earth in light years. When God formed the Earth and the Milky Way, he calculated how far all of the celestial bodies had to be from each other in order for life to be preserved on Earth. The galaxies were already a far distance from us when God created Earth. To equate the time it takes for light from other galaxies to get to Earth with the age of the galaxies or the age of the universe is an extreme error.
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. Luke 21:11
Source: CSIRO Australia (2011, August 22). Galaxies are running out of gas: Why the lights are going out in the Universe. ScienceDaily. Retrieved August 22, 2011, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110822102057.htm
–posted by Harry A. Gaylord–