Alfred Kinsey was a researcher on human sexuality from the 1930s until his death in 1956. He grew up in a strict Methodist household and later rebelled against all things Christian because of his failed relationship with his father and chose to be an atheist. Kinsey received his doctor of science degree (Sc.D) from Harvard in 1919 with a focus on biology, botany, and zoology. He embraced the teachings of Charles Darwin and Sigmund Freud which led him down a path riddled with darkness that gave him a warped sense of sex and sexuality.
Kinsey’s career in sexuality began at Indiana University in Bloomington where he taught a course on human sexuality starting in the late 1930s. When his research outside of his course became too controversial, Herman Wells, the President of Indiana University, told him he had to choose between teaching the course or doing his research. Kinsey chose to do the latter and started the Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction (later named the Kinsey Institute) at Indiana University. His teachings on sexuality greatly influenced modern sex education, the sexual revolution and gay liberation movement of the 1960s, Hugh Hefner and other pornographers, the music industry, and the modern gay rights movement. Here are some highlights of his practices and teachings and the godly principles he violated:
1. Kinsey stated, “The only kinds of sexual dysfunction are abstinence, celibacy and delayed marriage [i.e. putting off sexual experiences].” This principle was adopted from Sigmund Freud.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, …nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (a man who lays with a man),…shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18
2. Kinsey thought sexual ignorance causes suffering and the only way to have a strong marriage and lead a happy life is to be sexually liberated (free to have sex with whoever you want).
Proverbs 28:14 says that if a person wants to be happy, they should fear God in all of their ways or else evil will overtake their hearts. If the two partners in marriage fear God, then they can fulfill Ephesians 5:23-33 to strengthen their marriage when the husband cherishes and sacrifices himself for his wife’s benefit and the wife submits to her loving husband for his benefit.
3. Kinsey partially based his principles of free and open sexual preferences on the variations he saw in the thousands of gall wasps he collected where no two were alike.
Man should live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Deuteronomy 8:3) by trusting in the Lord and not leaning to his own understanding (or lack thereof) when it comes to how he should behave.
4. Much of his data on sexuality was gathered from college students with loose morals, prisoners, and the underground world of sodomites in Chicago.
Be not deceived: evil communications [associations] corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33
5. While he was collecting information on homosexuals (some single, some married) in Chicago and the rejection of sodomites in American society, he gave in to his own ungodly lust and began cheating on his wife with other men.
Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. Proverbs 5:18-19
Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. Malachi 2:15
6. After his homosexual trysts in Chicago (early 1940s), Kinsey talked to his wife about having an “open” marriage, to which she agreed. A few years afterwards, he started his Institute and encouraged his staff members, many of whom were married, to have sex with people other than their spouses. He was known to have had sex with some of the men on his staff and with their wives.
Thou shalt not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14
7. Kinsey’s idea of sex was that it should be severed from emotional attachments.
Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity… Ecclesiastes 9:9
8. When his data had finally been compiled, he released what became known as the Kinsey Report, which focused on men. After the initial celebration of the work, it was eventually found to be rather unscientific since much of the data did not represent an accurate cross-section of American society. Some of his data was even taken from a pedophile named Rex King who had molested hundreds of boys and whose family history was filled with incest. Kinsey protected this man’s identity and saw nothing wrong with his actions.
For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth. …His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity. Psalm 10:3, 7
9. He followed-up on his first Kinsey Report with a second one a few years later that focused on females. His data for the second report was also based on a small segment of society and much of it was gathered from him and his staff filming people having intercourse. When he released it, it was flat-out rejected.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
10. Kinsey became depressed after being rejected and instead of repenting, he sank deeper into ungodly sexual practices and became addicted to prescription drugs. Eventually, he died in 1956 at the age of 62 from a heart attack.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 2 Corinthians 7:10
Alfred Kinsey was a man wholly given to evil and took pleasure in seeing others take part in his evil desires. He died miserable because of his rejection of God, but we are now living in a society that celebrates the evil things he promoted. His ideas and practices did not bring him the happiness he had hoped for. Do we honestly think our society will be any happier than he was if we follow in his footsteps?
–posted by Harry A. Gaylord–