In the previous post, I discussed some of the statements and doctrines made by Masons in comparison to God’s word. I will now discuss some Masonic practices to measure them against the Bible. The practices of the Freemasons are many and are given various meanings at the lower degrees to hide their true meanings which are often only disclosed when one reaches the 33°.
The use of symbols
Here are a few of the symbols with their meanings:
- Compass & square: Masons at lower degrees are told that the square symbolizes the squaring of his actions and the compass is to make sure he stays within the boundaries of mankind and fellow Masons. The “G” in the middle stands for God who shows us the light so we can accomplish these goals. As a whole, the symbol stands for the point within the circle.
According to Albert Mackey, the Master Mason, “The point within the circle is an…important symbol in Freemasonry…The symbol is really a beautiful but somewhat abstruse allusion to the old sun-worship, and introduces us for the first time to that modification of it, known among the ancients as the worship of the phallus.” (Mackey, Albert. The Manual of the Lodge. New York: Clark Maynard Co., 1870, p. 156) So in reality the compass & square are symbolic of the male and female sex organs coming together to form the “G” which is the “generative principle”, i.e. sexual intercourse. Since there is an emphasis on sexual intercourse, is it any surprise that men in Masonic organizations like the Shriners have been rumored as committing sexual harassment against women?
- Baphomet, the horned god: Masons claim they inherited this symbol from the Knights Templar (who fought in the religious, ungodly wars of the Crusades on behalf of the Vatican). The Templars claimed that Baphomet taught them the secrets of magic which enlightened them.
As you can see from the picture, this so-called horned god is the same as the well-known goat’s head used by Witches and Satanists. In Jesus’ parable, the sheep were separated from the goats on Judgment Day and the goats were the ones who were rejected and sent to hell.
- The pentagram, or five-pointed star: This is symbolic of the five points of fellowship in Freemasonry. However, the pentagram is a prominent fixture in occultic practices. In reality, the pentagram refers to “the law of fives.” This law of fives appears in two different forms of two orders within the Masons. In the order of the Palladium, there are five steps in their program, namely:
Adoption: fellowship with Lucifer by an oath
Illumination: to open oneself to psychic powers by using drugs and the occult
Conversation: communicating with the dead (necromancy)
Congress: being joined in spiritual marriage to the dead (possession by an evil spirit)
Union: being totally controlled by an evil spirit
In the Order of the Illuminati there are five stages that they try to control human history with: (1)Chaos: no set order, (2) Discord: a class arises to seek control, (3)Confusion: making attempts to resolve conflicts between stages 1 and 2, (4) Bureaucracy: the obsession of monitoring everything in a society, and (5) Aftermath: the decline of society that leads back to stage 1.
- All-seeing eye: Freemasons claim this is the eye of God, who is always watching us and sees everything we do. This eye is actually part of step 2 of the Palladium mentioned above which teaches that to open the Third Eye (the Ajna chakra in Hinduism), one must use drugs and learn the occultic methods of the Illuminati. When this eye is opened, the person becomes psychic and has open fellowship with Lucifer.
- Unfinished Pyramid with the All-seeing eye: This symbol on the back of our dollar bills is borrowed from the mysticism of ancient Egypt, referring to the eye of an Egyptian deity. It has been called the “Eye of Providence”. To the higher Masons, it denotes the Masonic hierarchy with those who have been illumined (Illuminati) to Lucifer’s power at the top. The unfinished pyramid means that the ultimate goal of the freemasons (one world government with a one world religion) has not been accomplished yet. On our dollar bills, you will notice at the bottom of the pyramid is 1776 in Roman numerals. That date is actually referring to the year the Illuminati began which happens to be the same year the founding fathers declared independence from Britain. “Annuit Coeptis” means “He [Providence] favors our undertakings.” “Novus Ordo Seclorum” means “new order of the ages.” The U.S. government in February 2008 tried to debunk the idea that the seals on the back of the U.S. dollar are masonic in nature, but our government has been known to follow the policy of “lie and deny” when it suits them. There are too many coincidences occurring in these symbols for them to be non-conspiratorial and non-Masonic.
It’s obvious that these symbols are adopted from pagan practices and are anti-Christian in nature.
The use of oaths
Before joining the Masons, the person is told by the Master of the Lodge while blindfolded and dressed in tattered clothes symbolizing slavery, “Mr. so-and-so, before you can be permitted to advance any farther in Masonry, it becomes my duty to inform you that you must take upon yourself a solemn oath or obligation, appertaining to this degree, which I, as Master of this Lodge, assure you will not materially interfere with the duty that you owe to your God, yourself, family, country or neighbor. Are you willing to take such an oath?” (Duncan, Malcolm C. Duncan’s Masonic Ritual and Monitor. New York: David McKay Co., Inc., p. 33)
If he agrees, he ends his oath by saying, “All this I most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, with a firm and steadfast resolution to perform the same…binding myself under no less penalty than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea, at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in 24 hours, should I ever knowingly violate this…obligation.” (Duncan, Malcolm C. Duncan’s Masonic Ritual and Monitor. New York: David McKay Co., Inc., pp. 34-35) In other words, “if I break my oath, you have my permission to murder me.”
When someone reaches the Royal Arch degree, he vows “I will keep all the secrets of a Companion Royal Arch Mason (when communicated to me as such, or I knowing them to be such), without exceptions. …I will not speak evil of a Companion Royal Arch Mason, behind his back nor before his face, but will appraise him of all approaching danger, if in my power. …[I will] employ a Companion Royal Arch Mason in preference to any other person of equal qualifications.” (Duncan, Malcolm C. Duncan’s Masonic Ritual and Monitor. New York: David McKay Co., Inc., pp. 229-230)
Jesus said, “…ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: But I say unto you, Swear not at all…But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.” (Matthew 5:33-34, 37)
“Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.” Matthew 23:10. There’s one Master and he’s definitely not the Master of the Lodge.
Furthermore, it’s clear these oaths are contradictions and lies. When he is first initiated, the person is told he will not have to materially interfere with anyone by his oath. Then at the end of his oath, he gives them permission to kill him. Isn’t that a material interference? Additionally at the Royal Arch oath he has to keep secrets no matter what (another material interference if someone has been harmed) and he promises to show favoritism in his hiring practices (which is another blatant material interference on a non-Mason’s life). Apparently the oaths don’t mean much if you can break them by using another oath.
Taking into account these practices by the Freemasons which fly in the face of God’s word–teaching people to embrace paganism, lies, favoritism, and deceptive practices–how can a Christian remain involved in such an organization? Could they use the excuse that the Lodge is a big help to them in getting to know important people? Should they be a part of it because its family tradition?
Jesus said, “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.” Luke 14:26
“But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.” 1 Corinthians 10:20-21
Therefore, a Christian who is giving his sacrifices of money, time, and other resources to the Lodge is fellowshiping with devils and needs to examine himself. If he is truly of God, he will not continue to allow anyone or anything jeopardize his relationship with God. Freemasonry is about being the slave of Lucifer, otherwise known as Satan.
Source: Schnoebelen, William. Masonry: Beyond the Light. Ontario, CA: Chick Publications, 1991.
–posted by Harry A. Gaylord–